Lanca Contracting Limited is an established non-union industrail, institutional,
and commercial general contractor since 1972!
If you are looking for employment with a company that continues to grow and lead in the industry then explore the opportunities that currently exist with us. Our employee benefit programs cover life insurance for employees and dependents, health care, vision care and dental care to help our employees in times of need.
Send resume to:
Lanca Contracting Limited
5-35 Bury Court
Brantford ON N3S 0A9
by email – firstname.lastname@example.org
by fax – 519-756-1712
- Responsible for all on-site construction activities on a daily basis.
- Manage multiple projects throughout the construction phase.
- Conduct on site meetings with trades and project manager to ensure project plans & schedule are followed.
- Conduct safety meetings on site and enforce safety policies, and all ministry guidelines in order to maintain a safe working environment for all workers on your job site.
- Represent the company in job meetings with owners, consultants, subcontractors and Inspectors.
- Communicate with Lanca Contracting Limited office and project manager regarding jobsite requirements to maintain productivity and quality
- Oversee all field operations and total construction effort to insure project is constructed in a safe manner and in accordance with design, budget and schedule.
- Review, understand and apply project drawings and specifications to ensure projects are constructed as designed.
- Experienced at leading projects from foundation work through tenant improvements.
- Motivate all team players for project to co-ordinate deliveries, subcontractors and employees in order to maximize project production.
- Able to maintain a strong relationship with clients and sub trades.
- Committed to putting safety first.
- Able to identify contracting risks and steps to mitigate.
- Work with Project Manager to develop original critical path schedule and updates.
- Coordinates plans and specifications with Designer to clarify discrepancies.
- Has thorough understanding of Building Codes and permitting process.
- Able to manage to the budget and identify more cost effective ways of doing work.
- Assists in coordination of contractors or supervision of crafts within a discipline.
- Observes and interfaces with contractors or trades to monitor work performance, progress, and productivity of crafts.
- Provides liaison between Superintendent and contractors or crafts to insure construction complies with drawings and specifications.
Experience, Training, & Skills Requirements:
- 5 year minimum experience as a site superintendent on I.C.I. projects worth $1 to 5 million.
- Ability to communicate with office clients and architects.
- Strong leadership/managerial qualities required.
- Experience in concrete, framing and finish carpentry.
- Experience in pre-engineered steel building construction, conventional steel construction, wood framed construction.
- Knowledgeable in building codes, building bylaws, specifications etc.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Current First Aid/CPR, WHMIS, Fall arrest/Scissor Lift, Propane, Basics of Supervision
- Team player
- Minimum Grade 12 high school diploma
- Gold Seal Certified – an asset but not required
- 4 – 6 Years Required
Qualification and Abilities:
- Knowledge of commercial construction and re-modeling trades, practices, procedures, techniques, tools and equipment, materials, specifications, quality control, cost control, and safety.
- The ability to work with power and hand tools is an asset.
- Proficient at trim work, hanging doors, drill and set hardware, set windows, layout for stairs.
- Able to read blueprints is mandatory.
- Mathematical skills and analytical skills necessary to do material estimates.
- Able to understand verbal and written instructions.
- Able to envision all steps in assigned tasks.
- Valid Driver’s License and own transportation.
- Physically fit and have good manual dexterity, hand eye coordination and balance. Capable of working at heights and/or adverse conditions.
- Job requires ability to perform tasks on all areas and aspects of construction project.
- Job requires ability to work with tools, lumber and materials. Ability to lift and manipulate objects of up to 80 lbs for 50 feet is required.
- Commitment to continual learning, team work and providing excellent customer service.
- Safety Training Required – Working at Heights, Aerial Lift, Propane for Construction, WHMIS, First Aid. Must provide proof of training.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and sketches.
- Layout walls, openings, wall framing, blocking, concrete forming, place small concrete slabs/footings etc.
- Install structures and fixtures, such as windows, frames, floorings, and trim, or hardware, using carpenter’s hand and power tools.
- Set hollow metal door frames and install hollow metal and wood doors complete with all hardware.
- Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Ability to operate a backhoe and skid steer efficiently is an asset.
- Other miscellaneous carpentry work.
- Diploma in Architectural Technology or equivalent.
- Proficient in REVIT, AutoCAD and Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of 2D and 3D rendering/modeling programs (Photoshop, InDesign, AutoCAD, 3DS Max, Sketchup) is highly desireable.
Qualification and Abilities:
- Adhere to company policies.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic personality with excellent English proficiency.
- Ability to interact effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Experienced to maintain excellent working relationship with clients and exceptional problem solving skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently.
- Ability to collaborate with other multi-disciplinary team members.
- Proficiency in the use of computers – AutoCAD, Revit and office equipment for copying, scanning and filing.
- Ability to efficiently manage time and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills and etiquette.
- Ability to meet deadlines and follow-through.
- Creative and thoughtful attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once with minimal to no supervision.
- Ability to assemble construction documents, contract administration.
- Knowledge of construction practices and building/finishing materials.
- Strong knowledge of building science, technology and assembly, construction methodology, materials application and interpretation of manufacturers requirements.
- Strong knowledge of the 2012 Ontario building code (especially Part 3) and Fire Code.
- Knowledgeable in ULC and CSA Standards is an asset.
- Excellent communication and graphic skills are therefore a must.
- Ability to work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines; yet remain spontaneous and positive.
- Own vehicle a necessity for site visits, permit pick-up/drop-off.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Experience creating drawings for Industrial, Commercial, Institutional & Residential.
- Create working drawings for all stages of project delivery including client approval, coordination with consultants/engineers tender submission, permit approval, construction, & as built (Post Construction).
- Develop details with design intent.
- Prepare presentation drawings.
- Create full sets of working drawings compliant with applicable building codes and bylaws.
- Space planning.
- Client Correspondence.
- Development of construction contract documents for projects of varying scope; from schematic design through to construction administration with minimal supervision.
- Analysis of applicable building codes, by-laws and other technical documents and reports a project may be subject to.
- Document coordination with other disciplines, analyzing potential risks or conflicts and progressing solutions in a timely manner.
- Contract administration duties including municipal approval, shop drawing review, responding to RFI’s, site visits, field observations, reporting, etc.
- Liaising with Project Managers, Lead Designers and Engineers as required.
- Assist with and or managing construction administration services.
Contract position for approximately 4 months. Position to start asap.
Skilled General Labourer Job Duties:
- Cleaning and preparing of job sites
- Loading and delivering materials and using a variety of power tools and machines, such as blowtorches, laser levels, lifts, power drills, grinders, saws, pressure washers, Backhoe and Bobcat loader.
- Assisting Site Super to set up and take down ladders, scaffolding, hoarding and other temporary structures.
- Misc duties such as clean up on job site, transport shop tools and equipment, install hm/wood doors & frames, door hardware, wall framing, blocking, concrete forming.
- Experience with painting, framing, drywall an asset.
- Required to work outside in all kinds of weather or in buildings without heating or air conditioning
- Adhere to company Health and Safety Policy
- Must have good physical strength, hand-eye coordination and endurance.
- Able to understand verbal and written instructions
- Able to work independently under little supervision and work well with others
- Ability to read and understand blue prints an asset
- The ability to understand and communicate information is essential.
- Capable of working at heights and/or adverse conditions
- Job requires ability to perform tasks on all areas and aspects of construction project in a safe and productive manner under little supervision.
- Job requires ability to work with tools, lumber and materials. Ability to lift and manipulate objects of up to 80 lbs for 50 feet is required
- Commitment to continual learning, team work and providing excellent customer service
- Certificates required: WHMIS
- Must have a valid drivers license and own transportation for local projects.
- Eligible for benefits after 3 months